Monday, June 10, 2013

Employee Spotlight shadowboxes

My crafting has always just been something I did for me.  Sure, I give my cards away and I've crocheted items for gifts before....but when my employer asked me to create something for "Employee Spotlight" - well, I was a bit stressed about it.  I didn't really know what to do.  I was honored that they would have so much faith in my ability - but honestly, I didn't think I was up to the task.  I recruited the assistance of my moms boyfriend to make shadow boxes.  He is so talented when it comes to woodworking!  Then it was up to me to decorate the inside.  They didn't have to be exactly the same because they will be in two different buildings.  So they are done and tomorrow will be heading to the office.  I sure hope they aren't disappointed.  But I wanted to share them here - the pictures aren't the best but you get the idea.  The white spaces are also frames with ribbon corners where letters can be slipped in - they are meant to be used for letters from customers recognizing a specific employee.  Hmmm, wonder if I'll ever have a letter in them.  LOL!!!
 

 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a very blessed day!
 
_______________________________________________
 
Update:  boxes delivered and well received.....so glad!!!!
 


3 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Sometimes people put pressure on our creating don't they Zella but I am sure your boss will be happy and the employees will be delighted to have their photos displayed in your lovely boxes.

Lynn McAuley said...

They look wonderful, Zella!! I bet everyone is your office is looking forward to their day in the spotlight!!

dawnmercedes said...

wow...what a fun task! lol