Saturday, June 15, 2013

Thankful Kitty

It's been a week of kitty events here at our house.  Tuesday when I came home from work I heard this horrible crying from under our porch.  A half hour later - once my hubby came home and pulled up a board on the porch - we discovered what the crying was....a mamma kitty had abandoned her newborn kittens.  Their eyes were not even open yet.  There were 4 of them and 2 were already dead.  Fortunately, we have a vet hospital close to us and were able to take the kittens there and turn then over (it's call a Safe Samaritan program).  Because of this, I knew immediately what stamp I wanted to use for the ABC Challenge this week - "I (heart) Animals".
 
The stamp is a Penny Black stamp.  I didn't color much of it - but what I did color was with Spectrum Noir markers.  The papers are some I had in my stash. 
 
 
I'm also submitting this card for Word Art Wednesday and Created With Love Challenges
 
Have a very blessed day!!!
 


6 comments:

Chris Hanselman said...

Lovely card. Cute image. Love the paper. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Created with Love Challenges.

~~Chris

Lynn McAuley said...

Such fun papers with this sweet kitty angel!! And what a wonderful scripture of friendship!! Well done, Zella!

Unknown said...

What a cute kitty. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges this week.

Hugs,
Maria

Lela said...

Super cute Zella, perfect for Kitty week. I think my Kitties try to look at me Angelically and they are always up to something, LOL! Fun colors, Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog

Karen Letchworth said...

I love the colors in this card, Zella. This is SO cute, and I just want you to know that I really appreciate you stopping by to play along with us in our challenge.
Have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

dawnmercedes said...

such a sweet kitty! haha...perfect match up between sentiment and image!