Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Twist of Faith Card Challenge #47 - Borders & Fancy Edges

Twist of Faith Card Challenges
Twist of Faith Card Challenges



Do you have border and edge punches that you just don't really use?  I sure do!  I must confess that I hardly ever use punches anymore.  I know that there are many out there who use them all the time - but I must admit that I get frustrated when they don't punch correctly - and that frustration shows up with the very first try. 

But this week I had to break out the punches.  Yes, I said punches.  Because the first punch - the one I really wanted to use - I gave up on after the first try....so I tried another one.  Guess what I wound up using?  Remember the old decorative scissors?  Yep - I used them!  Sometimes the old things are the best things.  

Why in the world was I trying to use punches?  Because "Borders and Fancy Edges" is the theme this week at Twist of Faith Card Challenges 

 And when you have such great images to work with from Digi Darla Designs - well, you can't help but want to play along - right?  

I used the image called "Music Man".  Isn't he just darling???  I thought he was so cute!!!  Oh how I wanted to play an instrument when I was younger.  I did take piano lessons....5-6 years...and never made it out of book 2.  See, you have to do this horrible thing called "practice" and I never wanted to do that.  There's a major life lesson there somewhere.  Anyway, the card I made was with scraps I had on hand....and of course my old decorative scissors.  




Now you know you want to play with your edges/borders/stamps.  So grab them from their hiding place and join us at Twist of Faith!  You could be this weeks winner of 5 images from Digi Darla's!  

Thanks for stopping by today....God bless you!!!!

 

15 comments:

Craft Paper said...

Cute image! I think I have several pairs of those old decorative scissors!!

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Zella, such a cute card! I have to admit I seldom use my punches as well...and I know I have decorative scissors somewhere in the bottom of a drawer! I love the musical paper you used as a background! I'm so excited to be working with you over at Twist of Faith!
Tracey

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Zella, what a sweet card! I still use my punches, they jump out of the drawer and hold my dies ransom till I do. Otherwise they might go the way of my crimper!! I tried to whistle out some of the tune on the paper and it look like (sounds) part of En Excelsious Deio. Spelling completely wrong I am sure I could read the tiny print and it said horse gallop. Personally I can'
t use music paper till I pick out the tune! I know, a little over the edge! I hope you have a great week!
Ginny M

MiamiKel said...

How cute is this!! What a charming music card - my 3 daughters are all in music (high school, chorus) so this theme always touches my heart :) Blessings!

ddazzled71 said...

Such an adorable image and great Card Zella, all the elements come together beautifully to fit your challenges.

Karen said...

Oh Zella I had to chuckle when I read your post about practicing the piano I am right there with you Your card is awesome. Love the music paper

Glenda Atkins said...

Aaaah yes, that thing called practise, it sure can ruin an otherwise fabulous childhood day:O) Your card is lovely and the image is adorable!
hugs
Glenda

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your card is delightful Zella.Punches are so useful and versatile aren't they?

Jo Ann said...

Hi Zella...First of all, thanks a lot of leaving me such a sweet comment in my Blog. So grateful to the Lord that you were blessed with what I posted and it inspired you. Sometimes, I thought to myself what is the purpose of spending hours to share my faith when I don't even know whose reading them? But like fishers of men, we cast the net of God's word and we may not be the one to harvest them but one thing is sure, there's going to be a harvest. Your comments together with a few others that sends me sweet messages, encourage me to keep lifting up the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Come to think of it, it's only the things we have done for Him that will matter in this and the next life. I am grateful that He uses me for His glory. Thanks for your sweet thoughts. I also love your project here. I have the same image you used and based on what I saw here, you did such an amazing job! God bless, always...

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Peanut said...

Oh so cute, Zella! Love that DP too.
… and thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Unknown said...

This is just adorable, Zella!!

SarahGeorge said...

Lovely card Zella. Thanks for introducing the "Twist of faith challenge". Would love to participate.

Sarah

Lynn McAuley said...

A wonderful card inside and out, Zella! I love the sheet music background with this cute little musician!

Karen Wilson said...

I love this image and love what you did with it. Beautiful sentiment to .. tfs!

Karen
Digi Darla Designs

dawnmercedes said...

Oooh, love the music...in the background and inside. Just ties it all together so nicely!