Monday, August 12, 2013

Eureka Chalenge #52 - Summer Blooms & Blossoms

It's Monday which means it's time for another Eureka Stamps Challenge and this week the theme is "Summer Blooms & Blossoms"  Now let me confess here and now:  I have a black thumb.  Really!  I can't grow ANYTHING!  I think I'm the only person who actually killed Marigolds!  Yep, I did it.  I didn't think anything would kill those things!  I bought the Marigolds after my attempt at a rose bush....which produced the most beautiful stick you've ever seen.  But not one lousy bloom much less a leaf.  My mother, on the other hand, not only has a green thumb, but her whole body must be green!  She can grow anything!!!!  And one of the things that she grows are the most beautiful Iris's.  I mean these things are HUGE!  And they are the deepest purple color with other shades of purple through them...some of the petals look like velvet - they are so lush.  And these things are very old plants.  I'm in my 40's and I can remember these same Iris's in the same place every year.  So I went in search of an image of an Iris.....

...and of course, Eureka Stamps had one!  The image I used is Abstract Flower.  I loved how it was abstract - usually not my style at all so it was fun go outside the box.  I colored it with pencils and then went over the whole thing with baby oil to blend it.  I loved how it turned out!  (Hope you do too!).  The papers are from my pieces/parts stash.  I was so happy about the abstract quality that I didn't add any other embellishment at all.  I just wanted the image to be the whole focal point.  Here's the final result:

 
Now don't forget to come on over and play with us because you could win some images!  Remember, you can't win if you don't play! 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  God bless you!!!

5 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful colors on this unique flower image, Zella!!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Looks like a fun technique. I'll have to try it thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Zella, I love your color choice and the image you used.

ddazzled71 said...

I am loving this abstract design Zella and all those wonderful purple tones throughout. Such a wonderful and very arty monochromatic card.

Unknown said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Zella!!!