Friday, November 29, 2013

Pattie's Creations Design Challenge - Christmas Card

Thanksgiving is over, the frig is full of leftovers (YUMMY!), and today our Christmas tree gets put up...which means Christmas season has begun!  I know for some it started last night with the pre-Black Friday shopping.  But I don't do the Black Friday shopping.  Instead I stayed home last night and relaxed...and slept in this morning!  I must confess though that tomorrow I do have to go out shopping.  LOL!!

Since it will start looking like Christmas around here by the end of the day, it also means I need to drag out my stash of Christmas cards and start addressing.  I know I don't have enough...thought I did but I don't.  Let's just face it - we never seem to have enough right?  Today could save you from that problem!  It's a new challenge over at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge and theme:  CHRISTMAS CARDS!  Oh come on now, you know you need just one more at least.  LOL!!!  The only requirement (besides being a Christmas card of course) is that you must use an image - either digital or traditional stamp.  And guess what?  Pattie offers a freebie the first Friday of every month - it's always available for 1 week so pop over and grab the freebie too!

For my project I went a little out of the box for colors.  For some reason I seem to be in a pink and purple mode lately.  I chose to use "Vintage Christmas Stocking" and then color it pink and purple to give it a modern feel.  
 

And here's some other exciting news!  Pattie's Creations is having a Design Team Call!!  Why not apply?  Here's the info:  Design Team Call

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope to see your Christmas Card soon!  Blessings to you and your family.

6 comments:

Sandra DeFalco said...

Zella - this card looks so 'jolly' and the coloring of the holly keeps it traditional too!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Sharon Madson said...

Love your purple stocking card. Nw this would be my DGD's fave,because purple is her favorite color! Thanks for info on challenge and freebie. I will check it out.

Sharon Madson said...

Love your purple stocking card. Nw this would be my DGD's fave,because purple is her favorite color! Thanks for info on challenge and freebie. I will check it out.

Kelly D said...

What a lovely colour for a Christmas Card. Very vibrant.
Hugs
Kelly- Teamie
xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Zella, this is pretty and the colors are great! I love non-traditional colors on Christmas cards. Fun and festive. Hugz!

Pattie G said...

Oh Zella,

I just love the colors you used for this card! It is very festive looking too.

Hugs
Pattie ♥