Monday, December 9, 2013

Eureka Stamps #69 - Step Card (Center or Side)

"OH NO" or "NO WAY"....that was screaming in my head when I saw what this weeks challenge was going to be at Eureka Stamps!  Don't get me wrong - I always love seeing step cards...they are so neat!  But I had NEVER attempted one myself.  And believe me when I say that I was in no hurry to try them because I'm such a basic person and new things scare me.  But alas, I figured I would have to come up with something.  So Saturday I sat down at my craft table and and had my laptop with me with the instructions on how to make one (I used the instructions on Split Coast Stampers) and gave it whirl.  

The image I used was digi17103 Three Candles.  I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers.  I used a jade green color for the greens around the candles but the color didn't photo well.  Since the DSP I used had some yellow in it - I decided to use a light color base.  While I was happy with the end results on the front....you should see the back!  There are score marks on the back of the card too.  LOL!!  But I must say that I really enjoyed making it and will certainly make more step cards in the future!  So my lesson for the day:  don't be afraid to try something new.  Here's the end result:
 

Does the idea of making a step card scare you?  Or have you made so many of them that you're a pro?  Or do you fit somewhere in between?  Come on over to Eureka Stamps this week and play with us!!

Have a great week and blessed Christmas season!!  Thank you for stopping by and spending a few minutes of your day with me.

2 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Zella, great job on trying something new. Your card turned out great! I like the papers and sentiment font you worked with.

ddazzled71 said...

Gorgeous Step Card Zella, I love the pattern of your paper and the candles are just delightful and signify the season beautifully. xx