Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Twist of Faith #68 - Nativity

Do you sometimes think we miss the point?  I love the lights, the decorated trees, the songs, the gifts....but do we miss what Christmas is really about?  Jesus entered this world as a baby.  No trumpets sounding or tinsel in that stable.  He could have come to Earth in any form - but He chose to come as a baby.  Think about that.  A baby is so helpless and dependent.  But our Savior, the One who would grow up and die on that cross for our sins - the One who would do miracles and wonders - the One who had created the universe - the One that WAS - came to this earth in the form of a helpless baby.  And born in a stable.  Our King - our Savior - the Lord of All - born in a stable.  WOW!

This week at Twist of Faith we celebrate Christmas by remembering what it truly is all about - the Nativity. 

Our sponsor this week is MelonHeadz.  I love MelonHeadz images - they are so fun and easy to color!  I colored my image with Spectrum Noir markers and then I found a freebie sentiment on the MelonHeadz blog to go along with the image.

I hope you come over and join us at Twist of Faith this week as we celebrate Jesus coming the Earth!  God bless you today and thank you for stopping by.  Merry CHRISTmas!!!!

8 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like the layout that you created. It shows off the papers, sentiment and image. Great job!

Winnie said...

Such a sweet card! Truly the reason for the seaon. Reminded me that I wanted to write a post about my manger at home one night. Thanks for the kind visit the other day! Made me smile. Have a Blessed Christmas.

Barb said...

Zella--what a pretty card. I love the ribbons on an angle. Great sentiment too and I loved reading your post!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Oh so pretty....I enjoyed reading your post. You're such a sweetie!

DebR said...

This is adorable Zella!
I always enjoy your work....

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Zella your card is lovely! Yes I do think there is too much razzle dazzle and not enough thought. Have a wonderful Christmas!

stampingbowd said...

Sweet card!!!! Beautifully worded blog post too! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Dorothy S said...

Hi, Zella- this is a great card - cute image and lovely bg.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I am thinking you are most likely Russnzella from SCS - I am etsdas.
Have a blessed Christmas.